I made my Instagram account public in 2019 to start my blogging journey. In just few months, I realised that blogging is much bigger than just instagraming. Instagram plays a crucial role to help you create your identity and and to get yourself introduce to the world of blogging. That’s why it is one of the top rated platform for bloggers and influencers to start with.
But navigating and learning tips and tricks about blogging on Instagram can be a bit tricky and overwhelming. There is always too much to learn and in order to gain organic followers, the ones who will really stay with you forever, is pretty hard if you don’t improve yourself with time.
Here I am to share what I have learnt in past 6 months of my blogging journey. I am not a pro but there are simple things that I have observed in these past months that might be helpful for someone looking to start their blogging journey from Instagram.
1. Write specific and concise bio. Let your followers know what your page is about in simple words.
2. Forget the niche if you are starting new. Try out different things at first and see which type of content attracts public to your page.
3. Once that done and you have identified your niche, follow on THAT path only. Don’t try to confuse your followers by putting up content on various topics that contradicts your bio.
4. Being a lifestyle bloggers gives you way too much room to post about different things from beauty to fashion to motherhood to travel to food. That’s why this seems an easy approach for many.
5. If you are restricting yourself to one genre, then you should focusing on that only and you should be really good about it.
6. Do not post fake content. I mean fake reviews, or something you don’t really believe in but posting just for the sake of creating content.
7. Excellent pictures is the key. This is the first thing that will attract public and they will instantly like your post. Spend time in taking and editing your shoot.
8. Try to post with regular intervals. This sometimes become extremly difficult when you couldn’t find a topic to post about. If this happens, post about anything that relates to your daily routine with an attractive picture and catchy caption that doesn’t need to be long. This is just to give yourself a break to think about your next content while not breaking a chain.
9. Follow for follow loops doesn’t work if you are looking for real engagement on your posts. Most of them will eventually unfollow you afterwards and they are not the ones who will engage on your posts anyways.
I also participated in such loops but they are not really helpful in longterm. Instant gratification which you get from increase in the number of followers is great, but sadly it doesn’t last for long.
10. Try to engage on your fellow bloggers on Instagram and make yourself known.
11. Create daily stories and create hashtags on stories too.
12. Be real so people can relate to you.
13. If you are asking someone to follow you back or give your account a SHOUTOUT, please ask them nicely and don’t just enforce your will upon them. Give them a liberty to check out your feed and leave the ball in their court.
14. Use websites like all-hashtag.com to search for top and trending hashtags related to your content.
15. To avoid using emojis as a “paragraph/line breaker”, there is a website where you can post your content and it will transform your post to Instagram worthy content. There is an app too but it’s a paid version. Good news is that website is free. https://apps4lifehost.com/Instagram/CaptionMaker.html
16. Leave a question at the end of your Insta posts to help your followers to engage in a better way rather then leaving generic comments.
17. You will come across many bloggers or influencers who will be promoting brands, discount codes, doing paid promotions. That’s their job because they earn out of it. It’s not to make you feel less of yourself or to encourage you to spend money on something which you dont want. Think and act wisely.
18. Before jumping on the bandwagon, do your own research and study the topic which is being trending on Instagram. Informative posts with links, proofs and the reason attracts followers not the other way round.
19. Try to learn new things or techniques or try different editing apps to make your pictures look pretty and catchy.
20. Showing up on stories daily helps to gain more followers because people who watch you daily will be waiting for it everyday. Don’t disappoint them.
I hope this helps. If you want to add or share any other point from your experience, please do comment below. 😊