Welcome to the third episode of Bloggers Chit Chat series.
For this episode, here with me is “Maryam Ansari”, who is a stay-at-home mom of 3 beautiful daughters. She started blogging in November last year and has acheived quiet a bit in such a short period of time. She runs her blog after her own name as “maryam.ansari.77”
Continue reading to know more about her and how she manages her blog while superbly carrying her mommy duties.
1. Where are you from, which city you live in and since when are you residing in KSA?
I am from Karachi, Pakistan. I am living in Jeddah, KSA since last 5 years.
2. When and why you started blogging?
I started my blog on November 1st, 2019. I always wanted to do something for myself and to be recognized for my efforts.
3. What do you blog about specifically?
My blog is specific for food ,lifestyle and travelling. I am a homemaker. My aim through my blog is to explore new places such as restaurants, entertainment options and let my followers know about it through my honest reviews.
4. What do you like about living in KSA and/or anything you dislike?
I never liked living in KSA until I became a MOM. From that day onwards everything changed. I got a kid who would keep me company, and KSA became my home I now absolutely love.
5. Is there anything you miss the most about your home town?
YES , obviously my parents’ home and my siblings get-together.
6. Are there any specific bloggers you enjoy following and wait for their updates/posts/stories? What’s special about them?
YES, there are many who are doing a great job….but some of those whom I really look forward to are @bling.blog, @proudwife_blog, and @brunetteinksa. There are many more but these three are my inspiration.
7. Tell 3 weird/funny things about yourself that no one or very few people know.
I like the smell of petrol.
I like to eat biryani (local Pakistani spicy rice made with chicken or lamb meat) with zarda (local Pakistani rice dessert).
And, I don’t know if it is now considered weird or not but, I trust easily and for that I often end up at the wrong side of the table.
8. Share with us your happiest life moment.
When I became a MOTHER and when you asked me for this interview. It feels great to be featured on your blog.
9. Other than blogging, what do you like to do in your free time?
I love to watch movies and TikTok.
10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
I believe, every stay-at-home mom in KSA follows a same routine. I have three daughters to look after so I do my blog work at night after putting my babies to sleep. That’s the only time I can manage for my blog.
11. What strategy do you think worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
In my opinion, to know more of your fellow bloggers, learn from them and then try to implement those strategies in your own way.
12. What do you think is more important – gaining more followers or focusing on creating interesting and relevant content? Why?
For me both are important more followers result in more involvement and motivate you to do your job well. Relevant content always attract followers so it’s a basic need of an hour.
13. Have you faced any challenges in your blogging journey so far? If yes, did you manage to overcome it?
Not yet, hope not to face in future as well Inshaallah.
14. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
The most frustrating aspect in my opinion is, when the number of people watching my Instagram stories doesn’t match with the number of people responding to those stories or on my posts. It does not even come close. So yeah that irritates me often.
15. If someone is interested to start a blog, what tips you would like to share?
1. Create good and relevant content.
2. Take attractive photos.
Rapid Fire Round!
Summers or Winters
Vegetables or Meat
Water or Cold Drink
Chinese or Italian
Homemade food or Dine-Out
Weekend or Weekday
Sweet or Savory
Can’t choose between the two really. So both
Movies or Soap Serials
Tea or Coffee
Texting or Talking
Dawn or Dusk
IPhone or Android
I hope you enjoyed reading her interview. Don’t forget to check out her Instagram page by Clicking Here
Next Episode: 27th August, 2020