Welcome to the fourth episode of bloggers chit chat series 1.
Today with me is Hifza Omair, who is a stay at home mom and runs a blog which goes by the name of “mommnme”. She studied medicine for three years and was known to be a bright student, but couldn’t complete her studies because life has other plans mapped out for her.
At present, she is a devoted full time home maker and a blogger on Instagram.
Continue reading to know about her and her views on blogging in today’s world.
1. Where are you from, which city you live in and since when are you residing in KSA?
I am from Karachi, Pakistan. I am living in Jeddah from last 7.5 years.
2. When and why you started blogging?
I loved creating new make-up looks and doing nail art and my friends always use to ask me for suggestion regarding nail art or makeup. One of my friend advised me to start a blog where I can share my skills and at that time there were very few beauty bloggers to whom you can refer to as “DESI BEAUTY BLOGGERS”. Thus, the reason I started my blog at the first place in 2015. But it was all before I became a MOM. Now I hardly get time to do these therefore now my blog is much more than just makeup looks or nail art.
3. What do you blog about specifically?
it’s a lifestyle blog
4. What do you like about living in KSA and/or anything you dislike?
Living in KSA has its own perks. The most I like about is that there is a sense of peace here. And, Makkah is very near.
5. Is there anything you miss the most about your home town?
Yes, my family.
6. Are there any specific bloggers you enjoy following and wait for their updates/posts/stories? What’s special about them?
Yes, there are few bloggers I especially enjoy following, watch their stories and wait for their posts.
I love Maha’s @bling.blog feed. It’s very eye catching.
I like Anum from @thespiceofadulting because of her parenting style and she shares very informative and relatable content.
I like catching up with Tahmina from @urdumom because of her positive attitude towards life. She is very composed and a sensible woman.
And, @butteroverbae is a food blogger I love to follow. She is also a dear friend of mine.
The best thing about them is that they are genuine bloggers.
7. Tell 3 weird/funny things about yourself that no one or very few people know.
Not funny but I used to be too emotional some years back that I often cry on pitty things 😂
I can’t eat red meat.
I don’t like tea at all!!
8. Share with us your happiest life moment.
When my son was born.
9. Other than blogging, what do you like to do in your free time?
I love to do baking and crafting. Recently, I started doing gardening too.
10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
Ohh it needs lots and lots of dedication. Advance planning always helped me like planning at least a day before if I have to post something or to come on stories for specific purpose.
11. What strategy do you think worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
Story hops always works but they are very time consuming.
12. What do you think is more important – gaining more followers or focusing on creating interesting and relevant content? Why?
I believe it all depends on where you live. At first, I was not really concerned about my followers count. But these days especially in Saudia, the whole concept of blogging has taken a new turn and I feel that quantity has started to matter more than quality of content. It’s all about getting PRs. Sadly, if you aren’t getting PRs or don’t collaborate with big brands you are not considered as a good blogger. The times have changed so as the priority, now followers count matters big time.
13. Have you faced any challenges in your blogging journey so far? If yes, did you manage to overcome it?
Yes alot! Many times. I have seen and still observe many who call themselves bloggers, do not have any valuable content and still manage to increase their followers count in few days using shortcuts just for PRs. On the other hand, those who commit to blogging wholeheartedly and produce quality content are not appreciated. I always believed in being honest in what I do, but unfortunately, its hard to find it everywhere.
14. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
Well I think fellow bloggers sometimes get very rude.
15. If someone is interested to start a blog, what tips you would like to share?
Be consistent and do your best, because blogging has become extremely competitive.
Rapid Fire Round!
Summers or Winters
Vegetables or Meat
Water or Cold Drink
Chinese or Italian
Homemade food or Dine out
Weekend or Weekday
Sweet or Savory
Movies or Soap Serials
Tea or Coffee
Texting or Talking
Dawn or Dusk
IPhone or Android
I hope you enjoyed reading her interview. Don’t forget to drop by and check her blog by Clicking Here
Next Episode: 3rd Sept, 2020