Welcome to the fifth episode of bloggers chit chat series 1.
For this episode, with me is Shaheena Qadeer Hussain, a working mom of a 3 year old daughter. She has been working as a teacher from last 10 years and stepped in to blogging in May 2019. She runs a blog which goes by the name of “shynvision” and have achieved quiet a number of fan following in a short period of time.
Continue reading to know more about her and her perspective on blogging.
1. Where are you from, which city you live in and since when are you residing in KSA?
I am from Mumbai, India. I’ve lived in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia since forever, but living in Riyadh for 6 years now after marriage.
2. When and why you started blogging?
I started blogging last year i.e. around May 2019. I wanted to share my parenting tips and tricks, DIYs and connect with like minded people. My friends call me “SHYN”, pronounced as “SHINE” so they suggested to name my blog as “shynlife” but my hubby wants me to name as “shynvision” , thus the name.
3. What do you blog about specifically?
I try to be real and share everything that is helpful to my audience, be it parenting, toddler activities, DIYs, baby and beauty products reviews, food reviews and recipes, basically anything that is easy, affordable, and can be done right away!
I have a habit of recycling and reusing things at home. I always am a great supporter of reusing things that are already present in my home, be it for decoration purposes or for any other purpose. You can see that in my posts as well on Instagram especially how I decorate my home on special occasions just by using simple items available in every household.
Again, to share affordable, easy and practical tips is my vision for my blog as the name suggests.
4. What do you like about living in KSA and/or anything you dislike?
Of course Makkah and Madina. Apart from that, freedom to practice my religion freely. There are things I dislike too but for now I want to stick with these two ❤.
5. Is there anything you miss the most about your home town?
Pani Puri 😊
6. Are there any specific bloggers you enjoy following and wait for their updates/posts/stories? What’s special about them?
Well, there are many who are doing an amazing work and I really enjoy every other blogger’s efforts they are putting in regardless of their numbers. But, there is this one person, Mommy_musingsss (Jayeetha) on Instagram, I look forward to seeing her write ups and reviews. She is one selfless soul. Really respect her.
7. Tell 3 weird/funny things about yourself that no one or very few people know.
I can laugh and cry at the same time
I like to collect different kinds of tissue papers 😀
I can do window shopping for hourssssssssssssssssss
8. Share with us your happiest life moment.
When I handed my first salary to my mom.
9. Other than blogging, what do you like to do in your free time?
I try different activities with my toddler and of course NETFLIX.
10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
I have no time management for anything. I just cannot maintain a proper record of my to-do list. I do whenever I am in mood or when I think I have time to finish off something that requires my attention. Haha I know people reading this must be wondering, how come being a teacher, she sucks at time management…..but that’s how it is.
11. What strategy do you think worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
I am still figuring that out.
12. What do you think is more important – gaining more followers or focusing on creating interesting and relevant content? Why?
I think both, because we put in a lot of efforts in creating content, good photography and what not. But when it comes to gain something in return for all the efforts, the number of followers is seen first. So yes, both are equally important.
13. Have you faced any challenges in your blogging journey so far? If yes, did you manage to overcome it?
Yes, a lot and still facing. In the beginning, I found it really hard to find people who would really help me, give me tips when I asked. But now I have learned how to manage things and have made some great friends who actually offer real support.
Just trying to manage it by maintaining my cool and keeping myself calm and ranting session with some fellow bloggers helps to release my frustration.
14. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
Hypocrisy!!!!!! There’s a lot of hypocrisy and negativity in blogging world. No doubt there’s lots of love and support as well, but there are people who play blame games and look down upon fellow bloggers. That makes me really sad and sometimes i feel like I should quit.
15. If someone is interested to start a blog, what tips you would like to share?
Be real, learn photography techniques, connect with audience through stories, ask questions, engage with fellow bloggers, and it is alright to ask for follow for follow but in a respectful way.
Rapid Fire Round!
Summers or Winters
Vegetables or Meat
Water or Cold Drink
Chinese or Italian
Chinese (but now I am scared 🤭)
Homemade food or Dine out
Home made (but made by someone else 😜)
Weekend or Weekday
Sweet or Savory
Savory and Spicy
Movies or Soap Serials
Tea or Coffee
Texting or Talking
Dawn or Dusk
IPhone or Android
I hope you enjoyed reading her interview 😊. Don’t forget to drop by and check her blog by Clicking Here
Next Episode: 10th Sept, 2020