Welcome to the 8th episode of Bloggers Chit Chat Series 1.
Today with me is Zayana Fahad who is a stay-at-home mommy to a son and runs a blog which goes by the name of ‘the.glam.mom’. She is active on Instagram and also upload Vlogs on her YouTube channel.
She started blogging in 2019 and have achieved quiet a number of fan following on Instagram over a span of a year .
Continue reading to know about the face behind the “the.glam.mom”
1. Where are you from, which city you live in and since when are you residing in KSA?
I’m from Kerala, India. I’m currently living in Thuwal, KSA since last 11 years. Thuwal is a small place, located 100 km away from Jeddah.
2. When and why you started blogging?
I started my blog in June 2019. I stepped into blogging because I love exploring new places like new restaurants. I have a habit of capturing every moment, taking videos & pictures of my surroundings, of places I visit and to share my experiences.
3. What do you blog about specifically?
My blog is specific for beauty product reviews, food reviews & recipes. I have a YouTube channel too for Vlogs and recipes. Do drop by clicking here
4. What do you like about living in KSA and/or anything you dislike?
I love everything about living here. Truly blessed to live so close to Makkah Madinah and visit whenever we want.
5. Is there anything you miss the most about your home town?
Yes, I do miss my hometown especially the greenery of my place. The traditional food, I miss eating jackfruits & small salted tender mangoes & sweet tamarind & tamarind powder etc. I guess Keralites are more nostalgic about their native than anyone else.
6. Are there any specific bloggers you enjoy following and wait for their updates/posts/stories? What’s special about them?
Yes. One of my favorite blogger on Instagram is Shabina (shabosphere). I really enjoy watching her stories, her feed is filled with reviews, delicious food recipes that you want to try it out. She also shares easy hacks.
7. Tell 3 weird/funny things about yourself that no one or very few people know.
When I get obsessed with some song. I’ll play it on repeat, non-stop until I stop liking it.
I love the smell of nail polish.
I’m a very emotional person
8. Share with us your happiest life moment.
When I become a mother .
9. Other than blogging, what do you like to do in your free time?
I love to paint, do calligraphy and apply different henna designs. I love trying new recipes and enjoy gardening too.
10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
Well, being a mom, it’s not that easy to run a blog . So I usually blog whenever I’m free. I prepare my post when my kid is off to bed so I can think and write in peace without any disturbance.
11. What strategy do you think worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
I always try to upload attractive picture because that’s the very first think anyone would notice, with proper captions & related hashtags. That I guess has worked for me so far. Other than that, shout-outs from my fellow bloggers always helps to increase my blog reach.
12. What do you think is more important – gaining more followers or focusing on creating interesting and relevant content? Why?
For me both are important. First focus on your content. If your content is interesting & attractive, then obviously people will stop by and read and they will follow you for good. Hence, you will start to gain followers. But your focus should not be on gaining followers but on creating relatable and interesting content. There is no point of gaining followers without any content generation.
13. Have you faced any challenges in your blogging journey so far? If yes, did you manage to overcome it?
Not really, I haven’t faced any challenges until now .
14. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
HA HA, that will be thinking and writing a good caption.
15. If someone is interested to start a blog, what tips you would like to share?
Try to create an effective and relatable content
Fill your blog with popular key words & pictures
Be honest with your work.
Your content should be attractive enough to hold attention.
Rapid Fire Round!
Summers or Winters
Vegetables or Meat
Water or Cold Drink
Chinese or Italian
Homemade food or Dine Out
Weekend or Weekday
Sweet or Savory
Movies or Soap Serials
Tea or Coffee
Texting or Talking
Dawn or Dusk
IPhone or Android
I hope you enjoyed reading her interview. Don’t forget to check her Instagram feed for delicious recipes and restaurant reviews by clicking here.
Last Episode: 1st October, 2020