Continue reading to know more about her and her take on blogging.
1. Where are you from, which city you live in and since when are you residing in KSA?
I am from Hyderabad, India. I live in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. I am a resident of KSA since I was 6 months old.
2. When and why you started blogging?
I started blogging in March 2016. Once I felt that I am all settled with kids, I thought to take out time for myself and do something that I am passionate about, thus created this space to share thoughts and ideas about life as they come.
3. What do you blog about specifically?
I am a digital content creator, work for beauty and and skin care brands. A beauty blogger basically.
I also have couple of discount codes for my followers for different brands valid for UAE and KSA. You can visit my Insta profile to have a look at them and get a discount on your next purchase. 😊
4. What do you like about living in KSA and/or anything you dislike?
KSA has been and is my home since I came in to this world, so no dislikes obviously. Living in Saudi Arabia is peaceful and serene.
5. Is there anything you miss the most about your home town?
Not really, because I know KSA as my only home since my birth.
6. Are there any specific bloggers you enjoy following and wait for their updates/posts/stories? What’s special about them?
There are many but to name a few who are actively blogging on Instagram are:
Jayeeta – For her humble and welcoming nature.
Aastha – She taught me alot about blogging. She is a person who will always help but will never expect anything in return.
Fatema Hilal – Her feed is very aesthetic. I love it.
7. Tell 3 weird/funny things about yourself that no one or very few people know.
I have a clean home OCD. I like everything squeaky clean.
Can’t tolerate wet floors in washrooms and wet towels on bed.
Can’t even stand the smell of South Indian food except Dosa.
8. Share with us your happiest life moment.
Becoming a Mom both times. That feeling of pain with happiness is indescribable. A sense of achievement and responsibility.
9. Other than blogging, what do you like to do in your free time?
I love to try out new dishes and love it when my family enjoys eating them.
10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
Blogging is my passion and we should definitely take out time for the things we love to do. I manage to squeeze out time when my kids are off to LaLa Land.
11. What strategy do you think worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
Deciding a niche was a major onset of traffic on my blog. The trust that people showed on my post about reviews is amazing. Being honest was also a great way to connect.
12. What do you think is more important – gaining more followers or focusing on creating interesting and relevant content? Why?
Creating interesting and relevant content is more important, that’s how people come your way. Being popular and being recognized are two totally different things. Gaining followers with poor content is of no use. Being recognized for your work is more satisfying and gives me a feeling of accomplishment.
13. Have you faced any challenges in your blogging journey so far? If yes, did you manage to overcome it?
Yes, in today’s world it is more like a race. Gaining followers through wrong means is so tempting but when the inner voice tells you that you cannot cheat and break trust of your loyal and organic followers, it helps me to overcome that temptation.
14. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
The fact that people blatantly copy ideas and won’t even bother to give credits.
15. If someone is interested to start a blog, what tips you would like to share?
I would say that decide a niche first, post good quality pictures, engage with your followers and be consistent.
Rapid Fire Round!
Summers or winters
Vegetables or Meat
Water or Cold Drink
Chinese or Italian
Homemade food or Dine out
Weekend or Weekday
Sweet or Savory
Movies or Soap Serials
Tea or Coffee
Texting or Talking
Dawn or Dusk
IPhone or Android
Bloggers Chit Chat Series 1 has finally come to an end. You can find all the episodes of this series by clicking here.
Considering the appreciation that I have received so far on this series for which I am truly humbled, I plan to launch Bloggers Chit Chat Series II next year with a new set of amazing bloggers. Hurray! 🙂
Till then, keep checking and following my space for some interesting content coming your way in future.
Have a great day. Cheers!